Contextualizing the Concept of Humanistic Management
Why Humanistic Management
This presentation provides a birds eye perspective on some of the challenges we face as a global community and the challenges businesses face therein before highlighting the main tenets of our three stepped approach to humanistic management and what they mean for business practice.
Why Humanistic Management is part of our online course titled: Why Humanistic management. This presentation has five parts which are
Please follow this link to download the full presentation: Download-Link
You can also view the presentation as a narrated video under the following link: Why Humanistic Management online course video
- Introduction: the (business) world we live in. This section highlights some of the most pressing problems we face as a global community which are distributional injustice of the wealth we create and environmental degradation as well as the challenges businesses face regarding employee engagement nad leadership trust.
- Terminological clarity for the CSR debate: This section provides clarification on a meaningful construct of CSR based on the distinct nature of the three terms compliance, responsibility and philanthropy.
- What is humanistic management? This section outlines the main tenets of our three stepped approach to humanistic management.
- Practical dimensions of implementation. This section is focused on providing some guidance for implementing aspects of humanistic management in business.
- Conclusion: We need business as unusual. This closing section summarizes the main points made in the previous parts of the presentation.